Although some businesses and brands may be reluctant to invest in newer marketing methods, staying stuck in the past is usually to your detriment. This is because the very nature of marketing is centered on innovation and forward-thinking tactics.
As such, companies need to stay on top of all the cutting-edge marketing methods and be willing to invest time and money to find out whether they can benefit from incorporating them into their overall strategy. With that in mind, let’s learn a little bit more about virtual marketing departments and the benefits of them.
What is a virtual marketing department?
For those who are yet unfamiliar, a virtual marketing department is a revolutionary service offered by experienced marketing professionals at a fraction of the cost. It supports your existing marketing team and enables them to achieve their goals. This allows companies to take on as much or as little help as they need.
What can a VMD cover?
A virtual marketing department can handle a wide range of marketing responsibilities, content strategies and production deliverables. Some of these include:
- Social media management, including content development, scheduling and production, on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn or other channels
- Social media ads management and Google AdWords campaigns
- White paper, blog and other longform editorial content creation and optimization
- New website creation or improvement and search engine optimization of your current site
- Video content production for YouTube, TikTok and other short-form video platforms
- Infographic, visual art content and other branded graphic design creation for website or social media
- Email marketing, campaigns and newsletter content distribution
- PR expertise, corporate communications and networking connections
Why a VMD is better than hiring in-house marketers
If you’re wondering why a virtual marketing department is better than hiring one or multiple in-house marketers, here are just some of the reasons:
- Save money: There is no need to create a full-time salaried job just to manage social media pages or create some content, so it saves you time and money training a new person.
- Work on a project basis: Working with a VMD makes more sense on a short-term project or campaign basis, such as coordinating a promotional video series or a website redesign.
- Gain access to talented professionals: You will be able to work with professional brand journalists who are versatile in their skills and have experience in many fields.
- Scaling: You can scale your content strategy up or down depending on needs and strategy.
- Focus on what matters: Out of sight, out of mind. When someone else is managing content, you need only occasionally connect and can have more headspace to concentrate on the overall vision of your company.
- Great alternative to costly ad agencies: Hiring a virtual marketing department is a cost-effective and efficient alternative to expensive ad agencies, as you pay brand editors for the allotted projects monthly.
Are you frustrated or overwhelmed creating content? Don’t get stuck in the marketing past. Gaining access to the dexterity, cost savings and content production expertise that a VMD provides can be a revolutionary, game-changing move for your company.
Virtual marketing departments provide you with professional content marketers capable of executing successful brand journalism and publishing strategies. They can help position your business as a subject matter expert and industry authority, creating original, high-quality content that is engaging, informative and useful, which demonstrates thought leadership, generates leads and delivers revenue and results.
PowerPublish your marketing content
Rather than overpaying or spending excess time and energy hiring an in-house team, outsourcing your brand journalism and content needs to a virtual marketing department is one of the greatest ways to improve your business overnight.
PowerPublish is transforming the way brands create and publish premium content. Our virtual brand editor solution is an excellent alternative to expensive ad agencies. It’s the smartest way to publish blogs, white papers and social media content.
With PowerPublish, you gain access to your own virtual brand content team. Recruit the skills of our brand journalists and designers to create exclusive tailor-made content for you. Then, harness the power of the PowerPublish newsroom software for ideation, content storage, scheduling and publishing. Contact us today to schedule a demo and learn more.